Franchise: Star Trek: The Original Series
Storyline: Behind The Scenes and Making Of
Add to My Collection
Buy on Amazon.com
Buy On BarnsAndNoble.com
Buy On Books-A-Million.com
Find on E-Bay
Go behind the scenes on the making of Trek — from “The Cage” and the original series through seven feature films, The Next Generation, Deep Space and Voyager — with the creators of the 20th century’s most enduring television and film series.
The makers of the Trek magic candidly discuss — in their own words — 30 years of science fiction success. You’ll visit with these bold pioneers of the final frontier:
- Gene Roddenberry: The original “Great Bird of the Galaxy.” Beyond Trek, he was the creative force behind Genesis II and The Questor Tapes, and this volume provides episode guides to the unfilmed scripts for both.
- Gene L. Coon: The forgotten Gene who shaped the original series and is profiled in depth for the first time anywhere.
- Fred Freiberger: On Trek’s third and final season, as well as such science fiction efforts as The Six Million Dollar Man and The Adventures of Superboy.
- Nicholas Meyer: The director who saved Trek, and is also the directorial force behind Time After Time and The Day After.
- Leonard Nimoy: Three Men and a Vulcan Director. How he went from Trek star to feature director.
- William Shatner: From Trek to Tek, the actor/director/writer on nearly 30 years of toiling in the future. Special bonus: an indepth look at the making of the TekWar TV movies.
- Rick Berman: Next Generation’s Great Bird spreads his wings
- Maurice Hurley: Getting Trek on track
- Michael Piller: Exploring the new worlds of Deep Space Nine
For the first time under one cover, this collection of Great Birds chronicles the history of Trek, its impact on them and their influence on this 25-year phenomenon.